Contact Mary Coyne on 087 911 4482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our wonderful Admissions class (ECCE programme year) offers a caring, inclusive and child-led education pre-school experience for your child. Like all other ECCE schemes in operation throughout the country, it is free of charge and operates 9 am - 12 pm during the school year. This year, due to COVID-19 arrangements for our school, for the 2020/2021 school year, the Admissions class day os from 8:30am - 11:30 am daily.
Our Admissions class is run by Tír na n-Óg. Please apply for a place by completing the below form and sending it to email@example.com.
Operated by Tír na nÓg@ScoilChaitríona, we have 20 places every year and these are open to all children who are 2 years and 8 months old by September 1st and who are fully toilet-trained. Children are entitled to 2 years in Admissions Class if they have not reached the age of 4 after their first year.
Introduced to our school in 2008, the vast majority of children in our ECCE class transfer into our Junior Infants class. As well as providing wonderful opportunities for early childhood education and socialisation, it also allows the children and their parents to become a part of our school community before officially entering formal education in the Junior Infants class. The children get to know each other and our school community in general before starting 'Big School' the following September. The children in our Admissions class are also included in many of our school celebrations, such as our visit from Santa Claus, Sports-for-All Day and our end-of-year Prize-Giving.
Our Admissions class operates out of a bright, spacious classroom which is beside the Junior Infants classroom. It is well-equipped with a wide range of age-appropriate resources and materials to allow the children to develop early Numeracy and Literacy skills and to learn through play.
Before you apply for a place, we ask that you understand and accept the following:
- Only parents or legal guardians of the child can apply for a place for a child in our Admissions Class.
- To qualify for for the ECCE scheme and a place in our Admissions Class, your child must aged 2 years 8 months on 1st September each year.
- The number of available places in our Admissions Class are limited to child-care worker/children ratios.
- The receipt of a fully-completed (where possible) application form for a place in our Admissions Class does not guarantee that the child named will be offered a place as numbers are limited.
- The Admissions Class year runs every day of the school calendar year from September to June of the school year from from the hours of 9:00am - 12:00pm. Full daily attendance is expected.
- All children must be fully toilet-trained.
- All children in Admissions Class wear the school tracksuit every day. This is available to buy from Grant's Uniforms, 7-8 Manor Street, Dublin 7. Tel: 01-679 1626
- Where necessary, Tír na n-Óg may operate a waiting-list system for our Admissions Class. We endeavour to keep all parents or legal guardians as accurately informed as possible about the child's place on any such list.
- Upon application for a place in our Admissions Class, it is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to inform Tír an n-Óg l of any change of address, telephone number or other relevant details or circumstances in writing.
- Parents or legal guardians who do not respond to the offer of a place in our Admissions Class by the stated date will lose the offered place.