After so many fantastic ideas from our children and their families, we are proud to introduce our new school crest.
The meaning behind the new crest is as follows:
- It reflects our school’s ethos – the tree trunk and branches represent the cross and the three circles represent the Holy Trinity.
- The tree trunk and its branches are an interpretation of the Sisters of Mercy cross of our old crest.
- Black and red are the colours of our school tie since the then-amalgamation with the Christian Brothers in the 1980s.
- The symbols (fruit of the tree) within the circles (an acorn, a book and the hands holding a heart) represent how we ‘learn and grow together’ in all ways – spiritually, academically, socially, physically and emotionally.
- The tree symbol in its entirety represents growth, nurture, integration and strength.
Many thanks to Theo and Carla in Catalyst DNA for taking everyone’s ideas and turning them into something really special!