The Book Rental Scheme was set up in Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street by the Board of Management many years ago. Since then, in an effort to assist parents with the cost of each child’s education, our Book Rental Scheme lets parents/guardians rent all required books every year that the child is in our school. Please note that while we call this a Book Rental Scheme, the fees paid also cover many other items, such as learning resources, materials and photocopies.
Due to feedback from staff, the Board of Management and the Parents’ Association, it was decided that a Book Rental Scheme Policy be drawn-up to clarify how our Book Rental Scheme is run. An open meeting was held on May 29th 2015 to give all parents/guardians in our school a chance to give their points of view.
The resulting Policy will be operational from the 2016/2017 school year.
Operation of the Book Rental Scheme Policy
- All school books to be used during any school year are selected by the teaching staff as a whole.
- The Principal operates the Book Rental Scheme with the assistance of the School Secretary and nominated members of staff.
- Please note that the Book Rental Scheme Fee may be paid in instalments through the previous school year.
- Parents/guardians of children already in the school are informed in May of the cost of the rental charges and the dates of collection of these fees for the upcoming year.
- While the fees have stayed the same for many years, these may be subject to change in the future.
- Any parents/guardians who choose not to take part in the Book Rental Scheme must provide all books and/or materials needed by the child in that give year. The full book lists are listed on a class-basis along with current costs in the Frequently Asked Questions section of this Policy.
- Parents/guardians receive a copy of this Policy at the end of May and must agree to these by signature upon payment in order to participate in the scheme.
- Fees are collected by the second week of June and receipts are issued once the Fee is paid in full.
- If any child’s Book Rental Scheme Fee is not paid in June, that child will not have any books on the first day of the new school year. Only when the Fee is paid will the child be given the books.
- Parents/guardians of any incoming pupils are informed of our Book Rental Scheme when an offer of a place in the school is made.
- From June 2016, a Deposit of €30 to cover any loss or damage is payable upon first entering the Scheme and this will be carried from year to year.
- The Deposit will be paid back to parents/guardians at the end of the child’s time in our school.
- For new Junior Infants, the Fee and Deposit are payable at the Induction meeting, which is held in June every year.
- For all other newly-enrolled children, the Fee and Deposit are payable either two weeks after accepting a place or on the day that the child starts school, which ever is soonest.
- Similar to existing families, books will only be given to a child upon receipt of the Fee and Deposit.
- The staff and principal will decide on the book list and additional requirements for the upcoming year. All existing stock of books, once they are in good condition, will be used.
- Books supplied under the scheme may be new or used and are delivered to the pupils at the discretion of the principal.
Purchase of Books
- Pupil numbers per class group for the next academic year are calculated.
- Stock balances are deducted from orders.
- Orders for books and all additional requirements are placed and purchased for delivery in time for the new school year.
- Pupils are responsible for all textbooks issued to them by the book rental scheme and are actively encouraged to take proper care them.
- Pupils should handle them with care. While we make an allowance for standard wear and tear, all marked, damaged or torn books must be replaced with new ones.
- Should a book be lost or damaged, then the price of that book will be subtracted from the Deposit and the balance of the Deposit must be made back up before the end of the school year.
- If the cost of lost/damaged books is not made up by parents/guardians by the end of the school year, the school may refuse membership of the Scheme for the following school year.
- The school will keep track of who is using what book by affixing small labels to each book. This is done before the books are handed out upon the Fee being paid.
- The condition of the books is monitored by class teachers and the principal.
Return of Books
- When books are finished with by each class, they are returned to the class teacher.
- A date is decided with the Principal as to the last date for all book returns from the teachers.
- The cost of lost or damaged books is covered by parents/guardians and this will be communicated to parents/guardians in the last week of the school year.
Book Rental Scheme Membership
- Membership of the book rental scheme is at the discretion of the Board of Management of Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street.
- All parents/guardians must read and accept the Book Rental Scheme Policy, which forms its Terms and Conditions.
- Any parents/guardians who choose not to be part of the Book rental Scheme must inform the principal by May 30th of each year and they must purchase all books needed by their child for the next school year.
- Any parents/guardians who do not abide by the Book Rental Scheme Policy may not be permitted to take part in the Scheme for the following school year.
This policy was ratified by the Board of Management on December 9th 2015. It will be reviewed in December 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street Book Rental Scheme?
The Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street Book Rental Scheme means that the school will purchase all textbooks and workbooks for the children, and parents pay a rental charge to the school each year for the use of these books. It also includes access to online textbooks and resources for use in the classroom.
Who owns the books?
The school remains the owner of all books at all times.
What is the cost and when do I have to pay?
The Book Rental Fee is currently €50 per year per child (if you have three or more children, the cost is less). This is a significantly cheaper figure than buying all of the school books that your child will require for the year. The Book Rental Fee will be charged in the month of June prior to the start of the school year in September. This is to allow enough time to purchase all books a resource required for the new school year, and is aimed at spreading costs for parents to avoid the big ‘September Spend’.
Please note that the annual Fee may increase but this Policy will be updated to state any possible changes and the reasons why.
Is there a Rental Deposit?
Yes. There is a once-off €30 deposit payable for each child when they join the school, to ensure the safe return of the books. This deposit will be used to replace and lost/damaged books if necessary. It will carry forward from year to year. If part of the deposit has to be used to replace a lost/damaged book, the deposit must be restored to the full €30 prior to the next year. The deposit will be refunded when your child leaves Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street.
What are the benefits to having a Book Rental Scheme?
There are many benefits for both parents and pupils; The scheme will greatly reduce the amount of money spent by parents/guardians each year on books.
– Parents do not have to worry about buying books.
– All schoolbooks including workbooks will be provided by the school on the first day of the year.
– As the school is buying in bulk, there will be a significant discount on price.
– All pupils will have access to a much wider range of textbooks, as the school will purchase additional class texts.
– Teachers are not limited to covering all material in one book, but rather are free to choose the best and most appropriate material from a wide range of texts.
– The back to school costs for parents are spread more evenly throughout the year.
Is there a Savings Scheme for parents to help pay the Rental Fee and/or Deposit?
Yes. Parents may opt to join the school Savings Club. The Parents’ Association operate this and collections take place each Friday morning from September onwards
Is the Book Rental Scheme for all pupils?
Yes. Scoil Chaitríona Baggot Street operates the Book Rental Scheme for all pupils in the school. If a child were not to participate in the scheme, then parents/guardians would have to purchase all books that their child will use in class. This would be hugely costly for parents.
Will the school be buying new books each year?
– The school will need to replace sub-standard / damaged books each year with new books.
– The school will purchase additional books annually to provide a wider range of resources for our pupils.
How much is charged if a book is damaged or lost?
A certain amount of acceptable wear and tear is accepted. However, if a book is damaged and deemed unsuitable to remain in the Book Rental Scheme, that book will have to be replaced by the parent/guardian. Furthermore, any lost books will have to be replaced. We will not be able to provide photocopies of the book. Any books that have been lost or damaged must be replaced by the parent within five days.
What happens if I cannot pay the Fee in one go?
If you wish to pay the Fee in instalments, please let us know and we will be glad to accommodate you. However, you must let the principal soon as possible otherwise books/resources/materials may not be ordered for your child so you may not be included in the Book Rental Scheme for the following year and we will not be able to provide photocopies.
What happens if I do not pay the Fee?
If you do not pay the fee by the given date in June, your child will not have any books ordered for September and will have not be given any books/resources/materials on the first day of the new school year. We will not be able to provide photocopies.
What happens if I don’t want to take part in this Scheme?
As we will only ever have enough books/resources/materials for children whose parents/guardians sign up to this Scheme, if you choose not to take part then you will have to buy all of the books/resources/materials your child will need yourself. We are not able to provide photocopies.
What happens if my child leaves a book/books at home/in a friend or family member’s home/afterschool?
If you are taking part in the Scheme, then this will be handled with sensitivity by the teacher – just get the book/books back as soon as possible and we will provide any necessary photocopies. However, if we do not hear from you and if the book or books are still missing after five working days, it will have to be replaced, either from the Deposit or by the parent/Guardian, which ever is applicable.